Thursday, August 2, 2012

I've HAD IT WITH ...



This is a place for me to spit out all my discontents. There's enough of that on Facebook, you say? Well, you may be right. That's why I've decided to stay away from there and do my own thing, regardless of whether anyone peeks in or not. I can get it off my chest. I'm not political, so what I talk about is purely what bothers the hell out of me.


First order of business, I'd like to say that as a senior citizen, I am sick and tired of people standing in everyone's way when out in a public place, such as a theatre lobby. Am I the only one or do others of you find yourselves saying "Excuse me, excuse me, I'd like to get by" when folks block my path by standing like lumps on logs. They have no consideration of anyone but themselves. And when they hear me say "Excuse me", they give me a dirty look as if to say, "Who in the hell are you? Why should I move for you?" It's pure rudeness. It reminds me of when I was a high school teacher and I would say to a student. "Please don't throw paper on the floor. Pick that up!" The retort would shoot back, "Why should I?" I would follow with, "Because it's bad behavior. I'm your elder. I deserve respect. I told you to!" Thanks, Rodney Dangerfield. I borrowed your well-worn motto!


Be NICE to others! Live for someone besides yourself!
Enough pontificating for today.
Thursday, August 2, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment